Bible Verses That Will Make You Long for the Holy Eucharist
- John 6:27. “Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of man will give to you; for on him has God the Father set his seal”
- John 6:33,42. “For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven, and gives life to the world.”
- John 6:35,48,51. “I am the bread of life; he who comes to me shall not hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst.”
- John 6:49-50. “Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread which comes down from heaven, that a man may it of it and not die.
- John 6:51,58. “I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh.”
- John 6:53-54. “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
- John 6:55-57. “My flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me.”
- John 6:34. “Lord, give us this bread always.”
- 1 Corinthians 11:26. “For as often as you eat this bread and drink the chalice, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.”
- Revelation 7:13-14. Those clothed in white robes are they who have come out in great tribulation and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- Acts 2:42. And they held steadfastly to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers.
- Acts 2:46-47. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they partook food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people.
- 1 Corinthians 16. The cup of blessing which we blessed, is it not a participation in the body and blood of Christ? The bread in which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?
- Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 14:22; Luke 22:17 “Take, eat; this is my body.”
- 1 Corinthians 11:23. “Do this in remembrance of me.”
- Acts 20:7. On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to take bread, Paul talked with them intending to depart on the next day; and he prolonged his speech until midnight.
The verses in this list are direct references of the Holy Eucharist in the Bible in no particular order. These verses are also used in the Catechism of the Catholic Church Article 3 The Sacrament of the Eucharist.
Let us serve Christ and the Church in all circumstances!