This is the list of the major events in the Philippines in the year 2021. Most of these events have relation to the celebration of the 500 years of Christianity. Note that this is not an exhaustive list. The list will be updated accordingly.
Pope Francis celebrates mass with the Filipino community in Rome. The celebration of the Holy Mass by Pope Francis in the Vatican for the 500 years of Christianity in the Philippines took place in the Basilica of Saint Peter on Sunday 14Mar21 5pm PH time. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass was streamed live online for the universal Church.
The 500th year from when Spain first stepped on the Philippine soil lead by Ferdinand Magellan.
A parish in Marikina City became the first to be declared Diocesan Shrine of St. Paul of the Cross in the Philippines.
La Purisima Concepcion Church in Sta. Maria, Bulacan declared as minor basilica by Pope Francis.
Our Lady of Sorrow’s Image Receives Her Canonical Crown in Dolores, Quezon.
Pope Francis has appointed Cardinal Jose Advincula of Capiz as the new archbishop of Manila.
- Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord
- National Quincentennial Celebration of the First Easter Mass
- Opening of the Jubilee Doors in all Cathedrals
- Official Opening of the Jubilee Year of the 500 Yeas of Christianity in all parishes.
Reenactment of the First Baptism in front of the Magellan’s Cross Cebu City.
Canonical coronation of Nuestra Señora de los Dolores de Capas in Tarlac.
Feast of Saint Joseph the Worker and the National Consecration to St. Joseph
- Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
- Closing of the Year of St. Joseph
- Consecration of Families to St. Joseph
- Launching of the Confraternity of St. Joseph
Let us serve Christ and the Church in all circumstances!